Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Saturday, January 13, 2007

blah week

Kind of a blah week - I had a bad head cold so the only thing I did was prepare for my CSO meeting on Wednesday and about an hours worth of stitiching binding. Why do I always read that everyone is able to do a complete quilt binding in a day? I must have tiny stitches...

On Friday I went to the optometrist. I'll tell you why in a minute but he did tell me my prescription has only changed a teeny bit in the past 2 years which is pretty much par for the course. He also told me to get my thyroid checked as my eyeballs have rolled or "bugged" a little since the last time I saw him. My mom has thyroid problems and I have never been able to loose weight so I always as my doc to check it. She always tells me the test results are fine. We'll see what the results are this time...

The reason I had gone to the eye doc was because I prefer to hand sew bindings, etc, without my glasses but that makes it hard to watch the TV on the other side of the room. I've tried wearing the glasses on the end of my nose but it made for ridiculous head movements to hold the sewing up and then look down for the TV. I've even tried sitting right in front of the TV so I could see just enough of what was happening since I tend to just listen to it half of the time anyway. I asked him if it would be appropriate to get bifocals with the bottom half of the lens without a prescription. The doc said the more economical solution would actually be to get a tiny rectangular lens that will sit high on my nose, allowing me to easilty look at the TV and below the lens. The optician can also adjust the nose pads to make it sit higher. This wasn't a cheap decision as the new glasses will be some $200 but I think it's worth it since I can hopefully get more work done. Did I mention that was the sale price - it would have been much less if i didn't need to pay for the poly-carbonate (read "thin") lenses. Oh well...

No comments: