Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Saturday, January 06, 2007

Hello and welcome to my new blog!

Well, I have been kind of floundering around trying to decide how to start this blog. I was working on Christmas gifts when I first signed up and didn’t want to give anything away but now Christmas has come and gone and I still haven’t posted so lets start with a bit about me…

I grew up in Castile, NY, a tiny town in the middle of dairy and apple country, 1 hour south of Rochester. In the summer of 1994 I fled the cold and moved to Miami, Florida, where I currently work for a medical school and volunteer every Saturday at the Cape Florida Lighthouse. I’m the president of the Friends of Cape Florida and in my “spare” time I like to travel, read, cook, sew/quilt and bead, among other things. I love Miami, except for the occasional hurricane and traffic, but I still look forward to my white Christmas’ at home!



While you are unlikely to see many photos of myself (I like to take the pictures, not be in them), I couldn’t resist this photo with my nephew, Tyler, who will be 2 on February 4th.









And for the record, here is a photo at the lighthouse.










I am hoping this blog will encourage me to work a little more diligently on my quilty projects this year but you can probably also expect news of my cooking adventures, my family, my cats and whatever else seems to happen here in Miami! My goal for at least the beginning of 2007 is to work on UFOs and only buy black and white fabrics (my fav) or whatever I might need to finish current projects. Wish me luck!!!

1 comment:

Denise :) said...

Sometimes it's fun to go back to the early days and see how a blogger started. LOL! Surprise! ;)