Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Tuesday, February 13, 2007

Not paying attention

Yesterday I was working on dinner and preparing to sew at the same time. The pork chops were already baking so I decided to start some egg noodles on the burner that vents the oven, thinking it was already warm. I had just emptied the dishwasher and placed the Pyrex dishes on the front burner until I could get the step stool out to put them away on the top shelf. Can you guess where this is going? I turned on the front burner instead of the back burner and stepped out of the kitchen for 2 seconds. When I returned to see if the water was boiling, the burner cover was red hot, the paint burning off and the Pyrex were quite warm. I was not a happy camper as I vented the kitchen to get rid of the smoke. At least dinner turned out yummy. The leftover pork chops were even better today with raisin risotto and okra but you can bet I was focused on cooking only.

Hmm…there is a quilt show in the Keys this weekend: Piecing in Paradise. Let’s see, on one hand I can stay home, do laundry and sew or on the other hand, I can drive 3 hours thru The Keys to see 200+ quilts and shop the vendor mall! This is the Keys we’re talking about – I think I’ll be going for a road trip!

No comments: