Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Wednesday, October 21, 2009

Creative Booty

Hmmm...that's gotcha thinking didn't it??!! Sunday I took a bus trip to the annual Creative Festival in Toronto. The show is a jumble of classes, free demos, fashion shows and SHOPPING on just about every craft you can think of.
Here is a glimpse of what I bought - fabric, hologram thread, patterns, a gorgeous turquise pendant and some other goodies like a fabric bow maker. Not pictured are the quilting stencils. While my free motion skills are steadily improving, stencils sometimes just move the process along faster, provide a jumping point for ideas or help learn muscle memory. Sorry, no cameras were allowed inside the CF. The Quilt of Belonging was there so I wish I had been able to take pictures inside...the Needle was just outside tho.It was a long day with a 3 hour drive each way and 6 hours of walking around the booths. Thankfully we watched movies on the bus, I brought binding to work on and we were treated to a nice view of Niagara Falls and a beautiful sunset on the way home.
Will I go next year? I don't need to but if Michele get's her passport we can go together!! hint hint hint

No comments: