Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Tuesday, March 09, 2010

design wall monday

A lot has happened since my last post but I have been very lax in taking pictures so I have nothing to show for it :( Before I started this blog I used to take a lot of pictures...

This was my design wall yesterday...the project is from http://blog.maryquilts.com/ and called twisted 9-patch. I think I've decided to make it into a table runner so that I can use the flowered fabric as the backing as there isn't enuf for borders. I purchased that fabric when I took the bustrip to Toronto last fall. I didn't re-read Mary's instructions before cutting so I did the 9-patches with 2" strips instead of 2.5" strips. I've wasted a lot of the green fabric cutting the squares down to what I feel looks ok. That'll teach me, huh?!
This next picture is my whole design wall...the other parts are a little more long term, some are even stagnant. I've started hanging table runner tops by that wooden pants hanger, prevents needing to re-iron them later.
This is CasaGrande after the last storm we had a week or so ago. We've probably only had 3 "big" storms this year and it always seems to be warm and melt shortly after the storm. This week is a fine example - it's currently 55 degrees so you know the yard is now half covered in dirty snow and half mush from the melt-off. I really hate this time of the year for that exact reason but it sure was nice to sit outside in the sunshine during lunch today!

Ooh, and one more for the road...

1 comment:

Denise :) said...

I like the way the nine patches were set! This is that same cat, isn't it?