Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Tuesday, June 01, 2010

Design Wall Monday on Tuesday 6/1/10

Sunday was a good day for staying inside in the shade and quilting all day - yeh, I said ALL day. I quilted three table runners, have the bindings machine sewn on all three and handstitched down one. I'll show you the other two another day.

You might remember seeing this tablerunner here and here. I free motion quilted it to echo the snail trails with red, white and black threads. The only red I had was Masterpiece so I was also going to use the black Masterpiece thread. It was breaking sooooo many times I actually threw it out because this is the second quilting session that has happened. I love Masterpiece for piecing and I had no problems with the red but that black was just too much to deal with when it breaks every couple inches, even with a new needle and freshly oiled machine.

It was a busy weekend with three rescue calls, marching in the Memorial Day Parade, a family picnic, long bike ride, trip with Mom to the not-so-LQS and baking for Yard Sale Days this coming weekend. I figured if I don't have a lot of "stuff" to sell, I can sell baked goods along with my tablerunners and other homemade crafts. Three other people will have "stuff" in my yard so we should get a lot of lookers.

No comments: