Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Wednesday, February 09, 2011

Wazzit Solution

Nobody posted a guess in the comments? Did nobody have a guess or nobody read my post? Things that make you go hummmmm...

This is a tiny bit of Mom's Night Blooming Cereus. Hers was probably 6 feet tall and had run these spiky parts another 4+ feet along the ceiling. It finally got too heavy and was aiming for the floor. Dad insisted it be trimmed since it was hard to get from point A to B in the living room without being attacked by the green spikey things. It's fairly heavy for it's size so I'm glad I had that empty fishtank in the basement. It's just heavy enough to not be knocked over. I still wouldn't trust it around the cats so I normally keep it higher in a more protected area. I did check this morning and a few roots have come out. Yah me!

Here's a link to Google photos of the plant and flowers.

No comments: