Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Monday, March 07, 2011

Design Wall Monday - 3/7/11

I was all excited this weekend - I had finally designed and free motion stitched my trapunto leaves and flowers and decided the binding would match the red flowers. Then I started quilting the background. I was boogying right along. I really enjoy pebbles and could do them for hours. I figured it would take 2 hours to finish this little runner...until...I ran out of thread. Can you see it there at the far end?

ARGHGHGHGHGH!

No one carries Superior brand threads around here so now I have to place an emergency order** so that I can have the thing done by next weekened.





** We changed the class date so it no longer has to be an emergency order but still...I hadn't planned on buying thread and I might as well buy a bunch if I am buying any, right?! Now I have to decide what other colors I want...

9 comments:

Chris said...

It is stunning so far. I hate when I run out of something like that. Good luck getting it done :)

Sue Daurio said...

I LOVE your table runner, oh you were so close to getting it done. Hope you get thread soon!

Jo said...

I had to emergency order two weeks ago. Thankfully they were quick. You did a beautiful job!

Mary-Kay said...

The table runner looks great! i love the way the leaves just pop right out. Too bad about the thread. That must be pretty annoying that you can't get Superior Threads anywhere near you.

Rabid Quilter from California said...

I only use Superior thread too but I sure wish it was easier to find. Your quilting is beautiful! I love this runner. It will still be there when the thread arrives!

Marti said...

Bummer. Just when you were on a roll. The quilting you've done looks great; it's a beautiful runner. That trapunto really looks nice.

happydaysquilting said...

I love the quilting on the leaves, and the pebbling looks great!

Karen Brimhall said...

aaaow! I hate when that happens! My pet peeve is running out of bobbin thread at the very end of a project. Ack! Your runner is gorgeous though. I might have to put this technique on my list.

Alycia~Quiltygirl said...

Bummer about the thread - but oh my that is gorgeous. The quilting is awesome!