Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Monday, April 09, 2012

Design Wall Monday

I'm in craft bazaar prep mode. I don't plan to make a lot of things, partly because I have leftovers from the Christmas shows, but also because I just don't feel the need to kill myself in prep for a (new) show where I have no idea how well I'll do. I decided late to participate in this show and I have my usual evening meetings and EMT classes to take my time as well.


One of the items I have decided to make are Kindle cases. They are based on the tutorial at http://frizzylizzie.blogspot.com/2011/02/patchwork-kindle-cover-tutorial.html. Everywhere you turn there is someone with a Kindle or a Nook so hopefully they will need a case.


This bazaar version is larger than the one I made myself. I think I prefer the smaller one I made only because it feels more secure to me but the larger version should fit more sizes of Kindle/Nook.







And just to put a smile on your face...I asked my nephews to pose for a picture yesterday and this is what I got. I guess I should have been more specific. I really wanted to document the fact that the 7 year old was wearing the 4 year olds jeans - they fit the waist but were about a foot too short and it didn't seem to bother Ty.

3 comments:

Janet O. said...

Hope you sell lots of those covers. DH has an ipod touch, an ipad, and a Nook and he is very picky about the covers. He buys one--finds something about it he doesn't like, sends it back, orders another one, etc. I wouldn't even venture to make one for him.
Don't you love the cooperation of kids around a camera?

Denise :) said...

Haha!! LOVE the photo capture -- all boy and all ham, huh?!? I bet your Kindle cases do well -- when's the craft show??! :)

Michelle said...

The kindle covers are great!!
Kid's are cute, aren't they????