Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Clematis @ Casa Grande


My purple Clematis are now three years old.

The Clematis on the right is supposed to grow 8 to 10 feet but this year it just kinda grew "out" before I realized and could train it upwards. The season is still early and it blooms for a long time so I still have hope it will grow "up." For now, bits have started climbing the porch railing (with a little help!) and I'm liking the look.

The flowers are a gorgeous medium purple color.

Did I mention the blossoms are HUGE??!!


The Clematis on the left is only supposed to grow 6 to 8 feet but it's still really small this year...not sure why. The blossoms are a much darker purple...


but the petals don't stick around very long, leaving this fluffy center.


This year I also purchased a yellow Clematis that has little bell flowers.


This delicate little plant is supposed to grow 21 feet!! I've probably got 2 years, before it's really established, to find something for it to grow on (fence, only iron gate, etc). Ideas?



Yup - we mulched the new flower beds. It's a little chunky but the price was right - it's free at the Village Park.

I have one other new Clematis that is supposed to be pink (yeh, I know *pink* but the price was right) but it's struggling a little from the heat so I didn't take any photos...no blossoms yet.

4 comments:

Me and My Stitches said...

I love clematis and yours are really looking great!

Lauren Sgranfetto said...

Gorgeous! I had a Clematis at my old house that took over the one side of my garage. Good thing-the garage was ugly!

Michelle said...

Very, very pretty!
I love the colour too.

Anonymous said...

One of my favorite flowers - and yours are gorgeous.
Lillian
lillianscupboard.wordpress.com