Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Thursday, April 18, 2013

Secret Sis Report

My quilt guild is doing a secret sister project for a good share of this year. Anyone that wanted to participate filled out an index card with some personal info and then we swapped. Of course, I thought of a dozen other things to list after I looked at some of the other cards but oh well because so far my SS has been spot on!!!


This was the adorable bag I received on Tuesday. Since I was part of the team handing out gifts this month I only had time to give it a quick glance at the meeting but knew I liked everything immediately.

Yes Midgie...you can be in this photo...
Look what I got!!!! The glass cat on the left has a spot on the back for a tea light (the glass colors will be gorgeous when lit up!), pomegranate hand soap, a tiny picture frame and a lovely green/flower FQ. The cat on the right was *not* part of the gift but was begging for treats. Someone is spoiled...

In looking at the FQ closer, I realized it had the cutest selvage. Now I wonder if it was a coinkydink or did my SS remember my selvage project and pick this FQ on purpose?

Sheep of a different color!

And since I can't find where I blogged about last month's SS gift...


A lovely purple FQ and a pretty sticky note packet.

I am guessing that next month will be a yellow FQ since those were the 3 fav colors I listed...We shall see...


3 comments:

Janet O. said...

I have NEVER seen a selvedge that cute before. Love it! I've been saving a few more for you, but they haven't been piling up very fast lately. Seems that most of the FQs I have cut into recently have been of the non-selvedge variety.

Jill said...

Fun secret sister gifts! I've just started collecting selvages for a someday project, and yesterday while at the quilt shop, I opened up some FQs I was considering buying to see what the selvages looked like before choosing one :)

Anonymous said...

That selvedge is adorable! If they all looked like that, I might make a selvedge project myself. Wonderful Secret Sister you have.