Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Two more drawstring bags

I'm so bad at blog titles and this isn't even the most exciting photo I've ever taken...

I thought the silverware fabric would make a great lunch bag and the smaller bag was modified to accomodate the fabric scraps I had.

I tend to buy lots of fat quarters for variety and I've noticed in the last few months that the bins aren't quite as full as they were. wootwoot!

It's nice to be using instead of hoarding fabric but my tastes have changed over the years and my "current" fabric favs are disappearing faster than the older stuff. I'm trying to use some of the older fabrics in bigger projects but it's hard not going directly to the new and exciting stuff...

How do you guys make sure you use up the old stuff?


7 comments:

Ruth said...

I love them!

Missy Shay said...

I love the lunch bag! You could always use the new fabric and use the old fabric for accents in your quilts, like Bonnie hunter says, if you cut it small enough it won't be ugly anymore! LOL

The Calico Cat said...

Make scrap quilts &/or make charm quilts... My quilts end up HUGE because I have a problem with limiting my fabric choices...

The uglies make quilts sparkle.

(If you keep cutting them smaller, they take longer to get rid of...)

Janet O. said...

Scrap quilts and donation quilts get lots of my older fabrics, but I'm not getting through them quickly. : )

Turid said...

I often take one old piece of fabric to combine with my new. And use them for hexies too, for sure. Now I'm waiting for the 17th April HeLP!

Me and My Stitches said...

Use up? Is that what we are supposed to do? I thought I was COLLECTING!

Carol E. said...

Love the silverware bag!