Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Thursday, January 30, 2014

HST with the Easy Angle

This is a table runner I made to teach half square triangles with the Easy Angle. I explained the math method (add 7/8") first and and then removing the papers from Thangles and then they were more than ready to learn how to use the ruler. LOL.

I didn't finish the runner, planning to also teach the pillowcase method of finishing a project but they already knew the method. Go figure. I'll just finish it up soon and take it back to the LQS so the next set of 101 students will sign up for 102. Now I need to come up with a 103 class. Any suggestions?

If you haven't picked up an Easy Angle, or the Companion Angle, I highly recommend them both. I probably use my Easy Angle at least once a week.




All y'all have random boxes on your floors for the cats, right?
This Swanson box is perfect for little Midgie to sit in.
=^..^=


8 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

You could always move up to quarter triangles. I currently have two boxes on the floor - one for each cat. The big cat is using the little box and the little cat is using the big box - go figure.

Turid said...

This is going to be a very sweet and fun table runner. I have sewn many quilts with triangles, but lastly I have worked on hexies, you know.

Sewgreen said...

yes I have boxes (and paper bags) all over my house for the kitties! My husband picks them up when he cleans so I feel bad for the babies! they LOVE them!

Janet O. said...

How do I explain my boxes if I don't have cats? : )

Denise :) said...

Janet kills me! The runner is cute!! :)

Teresa in Music City said...

My cat would disown me if I didn't leave her a box to play with around the house! I'd soon be finding myself another place to live, since it's HER house and I just get to live there at her discretion LOL!!!

Deb@asimplelifequilts said...

Boxes! Elsa loves actual cat toys or anything in my quilting room more than boxes... But Tucker seems to think he is still a slim young thing because he is always trying to squeeze into a too small box.

I just used this ruler for the 1st time this month and love it! I never was a fan of the 7/8th as I much prefer to trim them. Otherwise assembly is a total pain!

margaret said...

I have the two templates but must admit do not use them for half square triangles, must have another try and see how I get on now