Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Tuesday, March 25, 2014

Basket blocks!

Having worked on mugrugs over the weekend meant I also got to work on my leader/ender basket blocks. At times I did have to remind myself not to use the mugrug itself as a leader/ender. LOL!

I was able to finish another five 4.5" baskets over the weekend.

Yes, the photobomber had to be bribed with food but only cuz he had been naughty
and didn't want to get near Momma who might still have a squirt bottle.
This brings my grand total to 63 blocks so far. It's now officially time to find a bigger (prettier?) box to store them in. I wonder if they would fit in the large hurricane jar I have? They might get dusty but visually it would remind me to work on them...

No, I don't keep a jar of medium salsa on my cutting table...
it's a recycled jar of jelly beans :)

Bad news for the day? I wore the wrong glasses and my eyes are going wonky. See, I have an older pair of glasses where the lenses are pretty small - they allow me to look thru them to see the tv well enough and under them to do handwork perfectly. I forgot to switch back to my regular glasses before going to work...ugh.


8 comments:

Janet O. said...

Great little baskets! How many are you shooting for--I forget?
Can you be a photo bomber if you have to be bribed to be in the photo? *LOL*

Vroomans' Quilts said...

I have a basket full of basket blocks - no plans for them, just to use up those odds and ends - and they are pretty to look at.

Denise :) said...

Your little baskets are such fun! I don't think I have the patience for little blocks like that. But I like having friends who do. Haha! Your 'so called' photobomber is quite darling, too! But then you know my affinity for Z! :)

Me and My Stitches said...

Your basket blocks and your photo bomber are both adorable!

Chantal said...

I love the little baskets and yes, I have used an actual project as a leader ender too because I was having so much fun with the leader enders.

margaret said...

nice collection of little baskets the container is getting full

Missy Shay said...

Your blocks are looking great! I have to have things out in the open to remember to work on them also.

Karen H said...

Your blocks are totally adorable. I just love to find pretty boxes in which to store my projects that I'm working on!