Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Tuesday, March 11, 2014

Calm before the storm

Yesterday and (especially) today are definitely the calm before the storm!

Yesterday was more overcast than sunny but when I was driving home it was 49F. I had the windows open and the heat on. LOL. The 2 ex-strays wanted outside ASAP when I finally ambled home. Zorro snoopervised while I refilled the bird feeders and then Squeaky was lured back inside with dinner. A certain other cat decided to forgo dinner for a while and explore the weedy flower beds. He was not happy when I later had to clean up his muddy feet.


I thought someone was regretting her decision....so I opened the window wider.


Today I decided to walk up to Subway for lunch. It's a *perfect* blue sky kind of day and I was not walking fast, well that and it's a steep hill and someone who might be getting bronchitis probably shouldn't run up that kind of hill. I have 3 weather apps on my phone and they never agree - who knows which, if any, are accurate - so we'll go with the average of 49F. Delightful!

Back to the storm part of this one sided conversation. At 2am we are expecting a storm that will dump up to 17" of snow before 2am Thursday morning. Woohoo! I actually enjoyed winter this year because of the extra sunshine. This girl does enjoy the sun, even if it is -9F! The storm might play havoc with some activities over the next 2 days but this is Western New York so just wait 5 minutes and the weather will change. Who knows, cuz we might not get any snow. That's what usually happens - for all the hype of a big storm we get less than an inch...


5 comments:

Vroomans' Quilts said...

My furries have been enjoying the outdoors the last couple of days, too. And the old raggy towel for muddy paws is hanging on the front door knob. They are taking the storm seriously here as all the plows, sanders, and salters are lined up at the County Building. I REALLY hope they are wrong!!

BillieBee (billiemick) said...

My Elly wants out as well, but Alas she is only a house cat. We have too many neighborhood cats that have disappeared probably to the coyotes, foxes, or bobcats....OR whatever else lurks out there...:-O

Jeanie said...

Oh my! We are expecting 5 to 8 inches and now I'm feeling pretty good about that amount after hearing about your predictions. But, hey, we can't do much about it so we might as well make the best of it! Happy shoveling!

Missy Shay said...

It's been in the 70's here for the first time since I moved to MO! But a cold front is coming in tonight, so back down to the 40's and snow one day.

Janet O. said...

That is a lot of snow you MIGHT get! : )