Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Thursday, September 11, 2014

More JTAAW photos

Edit - Thursday at 5pm - I was just about to write tomorrow's FF post when I realized this was sitting here as a draft...no wonder no one commented on it yesterday. oops...

I hope these are the close up photos all y'all were looking for on Monday...

This is my version of Bonnie's Jared Takes an Wife - except mine is an Asian wife due to the Asian fabrics :)

I left the sashing out of the quilt center, enjoying the secondary pattern created, but then decided the quilt needed to be bigger so I switched the fabrics around on the outer "border". The quilt is now 72" x 84".

I switched red for part of the black star points (and that is partly because after adding the black that I did add to the outer border there is only a 6" square of it left!) and I altered the star center fabrics.

Last time I posted on this, people spoke up that it should be yellow in the centers. I cut some yellow and some green and tried them both. The yellow center with yellow star points was just too much for me so I relegated those to the corners and used green centers on the sides of the quilt. Howz that for a good compromise?

Sorry for crinkly quilt photos - between the grass that needs trimming and little furry feet, it was the best I could do...

10 comments:

Lee Prairie Designs said...

BEAUTIFUL!!! Kitty likes it too, they just love to check out all those projects!

Carolyn

Julierose said...

this is a stunning quilt--I love the colors and fabrics you chose...hugs, Julierose

Vireya said...

It looks great! And I love the changes you made to the blocks for the "borders".

Vroomans' Quilts said...

It is just stunning!

Janet O. said...

Yes, thank you for the close-ups! : )
I love it!

margaret said...

very nice and good that you have personalised it to the colours you want where you want

Missy Shay said...

The ones with green centers remind me of sunflowers!
I love it, you did a great job!

Angie in SoCal said...

I love it! Bonnie has the best patterns. Yours is a beauty!!

Frances Meredith said...

I see from the counter that tomorrow is the BIG day, I hope manage to get some sleep. Have a great time, and don't forget your show n tell.

Gretchen Weaver said...

Very pretty. Thank you for sharing.