Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Monday, December 01, 2014

Design Wall Monday - 12/1/14

Here is is, the first Monday after Thanksgiving. Sew what you say???Well, it's the first linky party for Bonnie's 2015 mystery quilt: Grand Illusion!!

It may not look like I got a ton done on Clue #1 so far but, with everything over my 5 day vacation, I made progress on a lot of things and finished virtually nothing. No worries - I had a blast!!


I finally made it to the city yesterday and popped into Lowe's for some paint chips. Mind you, I've already picked fabrics to start with but I wanted to compare to Bonnie's colors. I'm using just the one yellow but I only grabbed my fav 2 FQs of the other three colors for comparison. I'm stoked about the colors. It will be bright and just up my alley!!


Probably hard to tell by the aerial view but all 100 of my yellow and black squares are cut. I was happy to find some blacks with yellow and teal in them! I have only cut 100 HST pairs, hence the button, (I count by 10s using old thimbles and change for a large button when I get to 100. Harder to explain than to do it in my sleep.) Anyways...180 more HST pairs to cut. I don't have a lot of rose pinks yet so I might stall cutting them until I get to a different quilt shop.

PS - be sure to pop back in tomorrow for Bibliophile Files!!


10 comments:

Frances Meredith said...

Great start to the 2014 mystery. I will be doing it, I don't know quite just when.

Ruth said...

This is going to be gorgeous!

Janet O. said...

Your colors glow--so pretty!

Vireya said...

Pretty fabrics! And interesting to see them with the actual colour cards, which of course we can't get in this part of the world.

Looking good so far!

Denise :) said...

You made great progress! I'll live this one vicariously through you! Looking forward to BF! :)

Unknown said...

At least you have a choice in quilt shops. We have to travel 30-60 mins to get to a shop that has choices.

Missy Shay said...

I love the colors you are using!

margaret said...

so organised and good to see the cutting i going so well some very nice fabrics you have chosen

margaret said...

so organised and good to see the cutting i going so well some very nice fabrics you have chosen

Michelle said...

It will be bright....I love the colours !!