Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Monday, August 08, 2016

Design Wall Monday - 8/8/16

I wasn't home much over my three-day weekend: 2 doctor appointments, hexie club, fire department golf tournament and 144th annual Pioneer Picnic. They were all the *perfect* opportunity for working on hexies while I waited or worked the events!! Woohoo!!!

I added the last 7 hexies


Minions!!!!!


Honeycombs in the bag were already basted.

I took these with me to AQS thinking that Cherrywood would be there for me to pick a fabric
for the background squares. Cherrywood has a different "texture" (my guess is due to the
hand dying process) and I really don't want to mix it with another fabric but I just might have to....

Can you tell I fussy cut the peach points on the right?
I'll need to clip the concave curve before glue basting them.
And then it's on to stitching curves. eek!


6 comments:

Pamela said...

These are amazing!

Janet O. said...

I can't believe the complexity of some of these pieced hexies! Incredible!!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

Such lovely pieces all of them. The honeycombs intrique me.

Chantal said...

Wow, you got a bunch of stitching done. They look wonderful.

Pam said...

All your hexies are so fun but I am especially interested in the honeycomb ones-their shape and the fact that you made them in one color. Interesting!

Me and My Stitches said...

So many great projects! Isn't it nice to have such a portable project and be able to work on them almost anywhere?