Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Monday, February 13, 2017

Design Wall Monday - 2/13/17

Have you ever found such a good deal that you just couldn't pass it up and figured out a way to make it happen? It feels like that just keeps happening and happening to me...

Generally when I buy quilting supplies it's paid for with quilting "income" - not so recently since the deals were just too good to wait until I had the money. My savings account is a little thinner than it was last month but I've got some sales coming up so I have no doubt I will repay myself soon enough.

First, it was the sale on wide backs down in Addison, NY at the store of a friend's sister. I bought 4 fatbacks.

Then the same friend told me that Joann's was having a 50% off sale on batting. How could I pass that up two days ago when my schedule suddenly cleared??!! Joanne's is 60 miles away! I bought 4 batting packages.

All my favorite basic colors!!!
Grey Master Piece for piecing and King Tut colors for quilting.

And there was also the 25% off sale at Superior Threads (the only threads I use) last  week. They arrived today!

Everything I've bought recently has been bought with a purpose - that stack of quilt tops I posted recently. Now I just need to squeeze in some time to get them spray basted. I am hoping that I'll be able to get a lot of that done this weekend, since it's a three day weekend.  Wish me luck!

The first quilt to be stitched will be En Provence!! I'll be using the purple and neutral threads to get me started. Who knows what other colors I'll be using...I'm waiting for the quilt to speak to me...

Please ignore the mess!
I Spy a pile of quilts and tops on my great great grandfather's trunk, a Bonnie mystery
on the wall, hexie borders ont he table in front of the tv, Birdie vision
 (my current fav) on the couch and a fluffernutter on his dolly bed.
For anyone stopping in from Bonnie's linky party - check here to see how I basted my quilt.

8 comments:

Ruth said...

Your En Provence quilt is stunning! And I like your messy stuff. I love being surrounded by fabric and yarn.

Danette said...

Beautiful quilt top!

Janet O. said...

You are having way too much fun finding bargains!

Vroomans' Quilts said...

I find that is you pass up a good sale or bargain you regret it later - so good move. AND you bought things for a purpose, not just as whimsy - even better. You do have quite a pile of quilts to quilt - EP looks fabulous.

Frances Meredith said...

Great to see EP finished.

Vireya said...

It looks like a really cosy room to be in, surrounded by quilts and cats.

Jo said...

So good to have everything ready for basting.. great pile of quilts too.

Rhonda said...

It's great to find good deals on items you'll need in the near future. Love your En Provence. What a beautiful quilt.