Feline Friday is hosted every friday and HELP for Hexie-aholics is hosted on the 17th of each month. We hope you'll join us!

Wednesday, March 07, 2018

Wednesday Weather Report #42 - 3/7/18

Last week Chantal was cruising on the evil website to look for weekend projects. I was really enthralled with one of them so Chantal said we should make it together.

The basic premise was to baste 2 mini charm packs onto 3/4" hexies. Another 2 packs were sewn together as the background. After sandwiching, the hexies were then quilted onto the background in a crosshatch pattern.

Chantal didn't have matching mini charm packs so she cut a regular charm pack into minis and went from there. She's finishing her binding so hopefully she will post hers soon.


I only had one 1 mini charm pack in a small enough scale so I basted them onto 1" hexies and sewed 3" white grunge squares into a background. It wasn't quite big enough for the doll cat bed so I added a border and grunge hexies. It's a lot of white and the flash, last night, really bounced off the white but I like it. I think I have enough teal grunge to bind it and I found the perfect blue/teal/purple fabric in my stash for the back.

Not bad for a 5-day project, huh? I hope to get it quilted tonight so that I can share it at hexie club this week (we postponed due to last Friday's weather). And then I can get back to my tree skirt. I'm still on section 6 but that will be finished long before the weekend is over because Saturday is guild sit-n-sew.

And then there was the weather....Oh the weather...
I just never know what to expect any more...

60 - 34 - 30 - 30 - 29 - 30 - 35 F

Yipp. We started at a balmy 60, crashed right into that snow storm (hence the snowflake fabric) I shared photos of on Monday and got stuck in the low 30s. Apparently it's time to cut more blues because I have both dark and light purples stacked out the wazoo but it looks like we won't need them for at least another couple weeks.

It is soooooo gonna be fun next year comparing rosettes and how weird the weather has been...

How has your weather been? Can't wait to see your hexie rosettes:



7 comments:

Chantal said...

Beautiful hexie project! Your dolly bed sure is lucky. How awesome that the yellow hexie landed in the middle of the rosette! Your observation of comparing to next year......does that mean we are doing another one? Lol

Karen - Quilts...etc. said...

well I do not have hexie rosettes, but I do have EPP diamonds, hope that counts

Janet O. said...

I really like that little quilt!
Are you going to do a weather quilt every year?

Pamela said...

I love the cat quilt! Crazy weather makes for a pretty block.

Vireya said...

That was pretty clever getting the 60 to land in the middle of the rosette!

hetty said...

Lovely blues. I like the snowflake fabric for your snowy day.

Jo said...

I like the yellow in the middle too.